International Integration and Policy Guidance
Work Package 1 includes project management and a strategic component, both targeted to supporting the EU-PolarNet actions. Work Package 1 will guarantee an effective, smooth and high-quality performance of the EU-PolarNet project, with respect to both contractual and financial management as well as operational and strategic management. It will provide support to the other EU-PolarNet work packages by organising the so called Town Hall Meetings, workshops and policy briefings.
Additionally, Work Package 1 also has strategic objectives, such as developing a strategy to connect and integrate EU-PolarNet with international partners and organisations. A robust communication between EU-PolarNet and its international partners will be implemented and sustained with the support of Work Package 4. Work Package 1 will support the European Commission and national decision makers by providing evidence - based guidance to policy questions related to the polar regions.
Work Package tasks and objectives
- Task 1.1 – The contractual and financial management of EU-PolarNet;
- Task 1.2 – The operational management, the coordination of the work package and task leaders, as well as the consortium's internal communication, in order to guarantee an effective day-to-day management and create group dynamics and integration for the whole consortium.
- Task 1.3 – To strengthen and improve the international cooperation and to implement the Transatlantic Research Alliance;
- Task 1.4 – The evidence-based policy guidance, in order to Support the implementation of the EU´s international commitments in the Polar Regions.
Work Package lead
Project Manager EU-PolarNet
Helmholtz Centre for Polar and Marine Research
Tel.: (+49) 4714/831-1011
- Minutes of workshop with international partners & stakeholders (D1.4)
- Policy Guidance Panel implemented (D1.5)
- International Cooperation strategy (D1.6)
- Minutes of International Stakeholder Workshop at ASSW (D1.8)
- Minutes of workshop with international partners and stakehoders at SCAR Open Science Conference (D1.9)
- Policy briefing in Brussels (D1.10)
- Minutes of workshop with international partners & stakeholders at ICES conference (D1.12)
- Second policy briefing in Brussels (D1.13)
- Minutes of workshop with international partners & stakeholders at a relevant Arctic Conference (D1.15)