Interaction with Stakeholders
The main objective of Work Package 4 is to create and deliver a framework and implementation plan to facilitate mutually beneficial engagement and interaction between EU-PolarNet research programme participants and stakeholders from a wide variety of public and private sectors including policy, business, non-governmental organisations (NGO’s), the international research community, as well as wider society including young people.
- Initiate, conduct and sustain an on-going dialogue and cooperation with all relevant stakeholders for the Polar Regions.
- Support meaningful interactions between scientists and stakeholders to shape the future polar research agenda, exchange key information and priorities, and foster joint involvement in the research process.
- Develop innovative approaches to bridge disciplinary and cultural gaps to integrate multiple types and sources of knowledge, visions, needs and preferences.
- Establish trans-disciplinary collaboration on polar research by bringing together natural scientists, social scientists and stakeholders.
- Embed the concept of social and economic relevance within the research programme.
- Provide evidence to demonstrate the use of data and research results by end users.
- Develop a suite of innovative combination of stakeholder engagement and analysis techniques to guarantee efficient interaction.
- Equip EU-PolarNet participants with “tools” and resources to development engagement plans.
- Provide flexibility of approach to cope with the evolving project needs.
Work Package lead
Consiglio Nazionale Delle Ricerche (CNR-DTA)
Tel:+39 0439 2348942
- A stakeholder map (D4.5)
- Awareness session at First Town Hall Meeting (D4.7)
- First Progress report on dissemination activities (D4.8)
- Minutes of stakeholder dialogue at ICASS IX (D4.9)
- Guidelines and mechanism for evaluating impact (D4.10)
- Minutes of stakeholder dialogue at Arctic Frontiers Conference (D4.11)
- Second Progress report on dissemination activities (D4.12)