Data use permission
Your data is registered in our database
We have collected information about you in order to update you on news about our consortium and to invite you to events organised by EU-PolarNet, a Horizon2020 funded coordination and support action coordinated by the German Alfred Wegener Institute, Helmholtz Centre for Polar and Marine Research.
What information have we registered about you?
The following professional contact information about you is in our contact database:
- Your first and surname (if provided by you)
- Your affiliation (if provided by you)
- Your email
- Your country of residence (if provided by you)
Under the GDPR, you are entitled to be informed that we have stored this contact information about you in our database, which complies with EU rules for processing personal data.
We register no other information about you in our database.
How is this information used?
The personal information we collect about you is used exclusively to inform you about news related to EU-PolarNet and/or to invite you to events and workshops organised by EU-PolarNet.
How did we get this information?
Data on you was collected in one of five ways:
- You emailed us your contact information in order to receive the EU-PolarNet newsletter.
- You signed up for the EU-PolarNet newsletter via our website’s registration form.
- You signed up for our newsletter at a polar related event by providing your contact details in a contact list.
- You are part of the EU-PolarNet consortium, its External Expert Advisory Board, its Policy Guidance Panel or you are a member of a project affiliated to EU-PolarNet.
- You took part in the EU-PolarNet Stakeholder Survey and stated an interest to get project updates through the EU-PolarNet newsletter.
By being a part of the EU-PolarNet newsletter mailing list, you have given us your consent to use your contact information for sending you updates about EU-PolarNet and to invite you to our events.
You are always free to revoke your consent for us to process this information, by sending us an email to email@example.com. If you revoke your consent, it will only apply to future processing.
Please be aware that if you revoke your consent, you will not be included in any email updates related to EU-PolarNet.
Do we share your information with anyone else?
We do not share your personal information with anyone outside the EU-PolarNet Management Support Team.
How long do we store your information?
We only store information as long as it is necessary, i.e., until EU-PolarNet has come to an end and all reporting has been completed (by mid-2020).
We will delete your information when we no longer need it for the project, or upon explicit request from you.
Who should I contact for more information about my data?
If you have questions or want to modify the data we keep on you, please contact EU-PolarNet’s communication officer Ms Kristina Baer by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org