The EU-PolarNet Advisory Board brings together six external polar leaders – all experts in their various fields, ranging from natural sciences, to politics, tourism and cultural heritage. This composition makes the Advisory Board an ideal body to stimulate new collaborations with international partners and organisations.
The main task of the Advisory Board will be to advise EU-PolarNet in questions related to the implementation of a Transatlantic Research Alliance and to the cooperation with third countries. Furthermore the members will closely cooperate with the project’s Executive Board and the Management Support Team to assist in strategic steering decisions and policy developments.
Finally, the Advisory Board will critically review and give feedback to the project progress, reflected mainly in the deliverables, in order to ensure their relevance and excellence.
The board members were nominated and appointed by the EU-PolarNet General Assembly. The appointed members of the Advisory Board are:
- David Scott (President of Polar Knowledge Canada)
- Kim Crosbie (Executive Director IAATO)
- Carlota Escutia (ECORD Science Coordinator and Vice-Chair ECORD Science Support and Advisory Committee)
- Susan Barr (IASC President, Norwegian Directorate for Cultural Heritage),
- Fran Ulmer (Chair of the U.S. Arctic Research Commission),
- Steven Chown (SCAR President, Head of the School of Biological Sciences at Monash University)
Renuka Badhe, the Executive Secretary of the European Polar Board, chairs the board.